This Basmati Rice flavored with aromatic spices makes the perfect bed for any curry.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 10 black peppercorns
- 10 cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 green cardamom
- 2 inch piece cinnamon stick
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Wash rice until water runs clear. Drain thoroughly.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté setting and heat ghee. Add cumin seeds and whole spices.
- When cumin seeds start to sputter, add rice and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add water and salt and stir again.
- Seal lid and cook on manual for 6 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural release.
- Fluff rice and serve.