I wanted a low effort sweet and sour rice dish, and this was the best I could find. I do need to check into finding a different meat to use that doesn’t require any more effort, though.
- 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 20-ounce cans pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup cold water
- 32 ounce package of frozen meatballs
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1-2 red bell peppers, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- steamed long-grain rice, for serving
- On sauté setting, add brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce. Drain juice from tidbits into pot, reserving pineapple. Bring to a boil.
- Whisk corn starch into cold water. Whisk corn starch mixture into the pineapple juice mixture. Add the meatballs. Bring to a simmer and stir in the sriracha and pepper pieces.
- Use the manual function to cook on maximum pressure for 15 minutes. Quick release the pressure.
- Stir in scallions and pineapple. Server warm over rice.