I love this stuff at Applebee’s, and this is the version I’ve been making at home. We like to eat it with tortilla chips on New Year’s Eve.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 16-ounce can of artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 16-ounce package of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of hot pepper sauce
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese in large bowl until well blended and creamy.
- Add Parmesan and Mozzarella, and mix until combined thoroughly.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Mix all ingredients well and heat in a crock pot until bubbly.