Yet another something I dug up for our Christmas in Bethlehem dinner. This was probably the most exotic thing I served, and I may have been the only one who enjoyed it. That being said, a little goes a long way.
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 4 firm Roma tomatoes, very finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, very finely chopped
- 2 bunches flat-leafed parsley, most stems removed, washed, well dried, very finely chopped
- 15 fresh mint leaves, stems removed, washed, well dried, very finely chopped
- 4 scallions, very finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash bulgur wheat, cover with boiling water, and soak for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly, squeezing by hand to remove excess water.
- Drain chopped tomatoes and cucumber on paper towels.
- Place chopped vegetables, herbs, and green onions in mixing bowl. Add bulgur and season with salt. Mix gently.
- Add lemon or lime juice and olive oil and mix again.
- Cover tabouli and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve chilled.